- Middle class families and Seniors are being squeezed by higher taxes and user fees
- Increasing crime and the need for better community safety
- You have told me that Thunder Bay needs a clear sense of direction
Evidence of our worsening condition can the be found in the dramatic drop in ranking from the top 20 as the "Most Livable City in Canada" in 2010 to 109 in 2014.
My background and experience.
I am a community activist and I believe that it is by sharing of our time and our talents that we can help build a community we can all be proud of. Many of you have asked me to serve on City Council again, and told me that while those who represent us in public office need to have the desire to do so, they also need the background and experience to produce positive results. I am grateful for the confidence that so many of you have shown in me and I believe that.....
- My work experience in all facets of the industries that form the backbone of our economy
- Interactions with all levels of government during and after my term on City Council
- The various strategic planning, financial management, marketing, tourism, and community economic development projects I have worked on in the city and region over the years
- The volunteer work with many charitable, Not-for-Profit, community and social organizations
- My ability to get results by working in cooperation with others, by looking for win-win solutions, and
- An unwavering dedication to Thunder Bay's future prosperity
…can help develop winning strategies to manage the changes in our economy, help create good paying jobs, ensure low taxes, address the core issues of crime prevention and safety, and maintain a good standard of living and quality of life for our families.
I am honoured to have been elected as your Councillor at Large and I thank you for your support on election day October 27, 2014. If you have any questions or would like to talk with me directly I will be more than happy to meet with you. I can be reached at home at 767-6579 on my cell phone anytime at 630-0062 or via e-mail at email@example.com
Councillor at Large
City of Thunder Bay